Hi there, Addy here from Chic Planner Girl with a simple, but chic, wedding diy.
My sister will be getting married this fall and I have the honor of being her Maid of Honor. As the MOH, I have been helping her with many preparations for her wedding, including some small DIY projects. My sister does not consider herself to creative so she gave me free range to create things I wanted and thought would be a nice touch.
Since we still have time till the wedding I still have a lot to create, however today I’m sharing these DIY Save the Date cards.
- Kraft Cardstock
- Black Ink
- Paper Trimmer
- Wax Seal Monogram Stamp
- Wax Stick
To make your own wax-sealed “save the dates”:
- To start I had my sister and her fiancé put their fingerprints on a white piece of paper and I took a picture.
- Then I opened the photo over to Photoshop where I created the layout of the card.
- I then printed them out on Kraft paper and cut them down to size with my paper trimmer.
- Then I hole punched the card and used twine to finish them with a bow.
- Finally, I sealed the envelope with a Wax Seal Stamp I got at my local craft store Michaels.
I hope these items inspire you to create something unite for yours or that special someone in your lives wedding. I hope to share more creations soon.
Follow @chicplannergirl on Instagram to see more of Addy’s inspirational creations for her sister’s wedding.