My “late Monday” post has slid into and “early Tuesday” one. Thankful for a busy schedule that was really productive today.
I’m a reader. I have been since I was a kid. I burned through so many books that it annoyed my mother! In a, those-books-aren’t-cheap kinda way. I prowled the aisles on my local youth fiction section and read classics like, Little Women, Princess Bride, and Ann of Green Gables series. Of course, I loved Nancy Drew. The Chronicles of Narnia were a special favorite. My paperback copies became dogearred from all of the times I read them. I had a special love for historical and fantasy fiction, and read all of the works of JRR Tolkien when I was in high school. I don’t think I could count all of the books I’ve read in my lifetime. I still make time for it today. Even if it’s just a few minutes before bed.
I’ve always loved learning, so I have a perpetual list of books that I’m rotating through. Usually a combination of something to learn and fluff reading to entertain and an engage. This is what’s on my table and reading list at the moment – I’d love to hear yours, too!
- How it Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy – Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, etc.
- Liberty Book of Home Sewing – I flipped through this at a fabric shop, and few books of this type appeal to me as much as this one did! I can’t wait to check it out!
- Fallen in Love – Lauren Kate. I’ve been following the story of Daniel and Luce – and burned through the last one in one evening, since I couldn’t put it down.
- Rapture – Lauren Kate. Again. Can’t. Wait.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. Read the review, and thought it sounded intriguing…
- The Wolf Gift – Anne Rice.
- Waiting for this one and this one in a few months, too! I need to check out more of Charlaine Harris’ work, too! ^_^
What about you? I love getting new suggestions for fun reads! Share your faves, or what you’re looking forward to reading!